Rotate Multi-touch Trackpad 90 Degrees - Macbook Air "Kindle"

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by macbedhead, Jan 21, 2012.

1. macbedhead, Jan 21, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2012

macbedhead macrumors member

Hi, when you rotate the screen orientation 90 or 270 degrees :-

CMD + OPTION + clicking the display icon in system preferences reveals the rotate menu
    .........so I can read my kindle software in portait mode on the Air......problem is the trackpad keeps its original orientation making everything tricky to click.

Is there anyway to flip the mousepad 90 or 270 degrees as well with a hot button command etc ?
    It'd be great to have the Macbook Air in portrait mode and the mouse as well !!!

2. applerunner macrumors newbie

I've read about the Mac Screen Rotate application (costs $4.99) which supposedly gives a book-like reading experience on the macbook air. Does anyone have this app?

3. KylePowers macrumors 68000

KylePowers

Huh, what a coincidence. I just rotated my screen earlier today to read a pdf (of a textbook). I, too, noticed how the trackpad wasn't oriented correctly.

http://www.macscreenrotate.com/

It's on sale this week for $.99, so not too much to lose for those who wanna give it a go

EDIT-

4. macbedhead, Jan 21, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2012

macbedhead thread starter macrumors member

Darn, not in the UK app store. It is 2.99 (pounds).
    Will get it anyway...cheaper than a Kindle Touch ;-)

I like the proportion of the kindle books in landscape mode.

Kind of best of both worlds, as the MBA is backlit for low light but not so glossy as an Ipad or MBP.

EDIT : I managed to get the app at a discount after all.
    EXCELLENT lead on the app...now I have a "MBA Kindle".
    All I need now is BookBook to complete the book feel of the set-up !

5. jojoba macrumors 68000

That's a great concept, I just downloaded the app :)

6. applerunner macrumors newbie

Can anyone relate their experiences with the Mac Screen Rotate application? I love the idea that as wonderful as a mba 11 inch is---fast enough, portable, and lightweight---it can also be used as an e-reader. Or should I salivate elsewhere? iPad 3??

7. calvol macrumors 6502a

I tried it with the Amazon app on a MBA 13". It's ok, but doesn't retain gestures. Also, it's a little awkward holding a 13" like a book. I think it's better just to read a book in dual-facing-page mode since the screen in 16:10, you can still see quite a lot.

8. macbedhead thread starter macrumors member

Yes, good idea....retain the gestures and also the left and right click do not seem to rotate..
    Yes,it is not perfect but for me the single long page seems easier to read than wide single page or split page of widescreen....Where's my bookbook case now ?

9. secmp macrumors newbie

Well that Application is no longer available. Any news?