Rotate that ACD(c)! :D

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by EdbBob, Nov 9, 2008.

1. EdbBob macrumors member

Hey all geeks,

I was browsing the thread with peoples personal Mac setups (great fun) :) I saw this guy who had three 23" ACD rotated 90 deg to vertical, VERY nice!

I have a 24" iMac and a 23" ACD so i tried to rotate the ACD 90 deg counter clockwise, leaning the stand of the ACD at my MyBook 2TB, rotated it in SytemPref, and moved the menubar and the dock to the ACD. WOW!

It's a amazing setup :) Look at the pictures below, and figure out how it could help you... ;)

Photoshop really shines in this setup, and it's amazing how many webpages and applications are very tall windows, that fit perfectly at the right Monitor.

Now this is screen estate the way i always wanted it to be!!! :D

Attached Files:

2. phonebone macrumors newbie

3. joelw87 macrumors member

Hi,

I have wanted to do this for a while...

can this be done with any external monitor, or do I have to get a specific monitor that supports rotation?

I have never seen a option in system prefs for rotating a monitor?

thanks, Joel.

4. brad.c macrumors 68020

brad.c

Other could confirm, but I think the video feed to any external monitor can be rotated in the monitor control panel. My external is a rotatable 24" Dell, but I need to set the rotation manually. Well, is there a display that is "smart" enough to auto-rotate the signal when the case is physically rotated?

5. kellen macrumors 68020

kellen

6. EdbBob thread starter macrumors member

Hey there,

It's pretty easy. Go to System Preferences, select Displays, and here you find a parameter called Rotate...

You can probably do it with any monitor, since it's driven by the OS :)

I'm really beginning to dig this setup. It works great for web pages, wich are normally taller than they are wide, and it just gives a hole new feel to working with the computer :D

7. ianjoh macrumors newbie

I'm sorry, maybe I'm missing the obvious, but how are you keeping the display from falling over?? Is there a special stand back there? Is it just leaning against something? More details please!

Thanks