Rotating Car Mount

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by wvphysics, Jun 17, 2011.

1. wvphysics macrumors regular

I have looked through some of the other threads about car mounts, but haven't seen one I like yet.

I am looking for one that can rotate to landscape mode, has chargin/usb connection built in. It does not need an FM transmitter, I will be connecting via bluetooth or usb. I also use a Speck HD case (free one from apple antennagate). I would prefer to be able to mount it without being directly on a vent, so maybe a dash mount of some sort. Windshield mount may not work as the windshield is a good reach away as it gets to the dash.

2. Hervboo macrumors member

Hervboo

Just came across this mount today which I will probably be getting:

http://www.exogear.com/products-exomount-car-mount-holder.html

3. krs7272 macrumors regular

krs7272

4. Azzin macrumors 68040

5. mikelegacy macrumors 65816

mikelegacy

6. Hervboo macrumors member

Hervboo

Yes, the Brodit ProClip is very nice, but also sets you back upwards to $100 for the cradle and mount specific to your vehicle. This exogear alternative is $30 and will most likely fit any vehicle. If money is not an issue, go with the Brodit.

7. Azzin macrumors 68040

I don't think the Brodit's are that expensive ($100/£60).....

8. wvphysics thread starter macrumors regular

If you've looked at the website, note the mount and cradle are priced separately, $30 for the mount and another $40-$80 for the cradle. If I can't find a built in connector I'll have to say its not worth that much for me, I may go with exogear, but prolly keep looking.

9. yourtoys7 macrumors 6502a

Wow, I like this alot, I can see it being used in many places. Who has the promo codes? or where can I get one?