Rotating Car Mount.

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by BriBoy01, Oct 27, 2008.

1. BriBoy01 macrumors newbie

Hello all. I am a new iPhone user. I am looking for a car mount that would allow my iphone to rotate 90* so that it could be viewed in either portrait or landscape mode. I have to have access to the headphone jack and ideally I would also be able to charge it when needed using my car charger. I do not want it to be a windhshield suction mount or stuck to the dash. I have found a ProClip bracket that mounts by my stereo and I would love to use that as my mounting solution. Thank you for any help.

2. BriBoy01 thread starter macrumors newbie

3. BEEFc58 macrumors member

4. BriBoy01 thread starter macrumors newbie

I appreciate the feedback. However, I am looking for something that will mount to the attached mount and be more permanent and smaller.

5. BEEFc58 macrumors member

Sorry I did not see that in your previous post.

I think that since you have a mount that you want to use, you are going to have trouble finding something that will work.

I was thinking that you might be able to take the swivel part of those mounting devices off, and fashion it to what ever you want......

6. mocciat macrumors member

mocciat

7. kleinias macrumors regular

I may have missed something, but if you already have a Proclip Mount, have you looked into picking up one of the Proclip Tilt Swivel holders? I have one and it appears to do exactly what you would want of it. Proclip makes a few iPhone holders and a couple of them even have a charger or pass-through connection if you are interested in that.

http://www.proclipusa.com

8. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

This thing is da bomb:

http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/windowseat

I found mine in The Apple Store at a mall. What you see in the main picture on that link isn't all that you get. There are three different "adapters" (iPhone, iPod touch, iPhone 3G) that come with it. There is also another piece to the neck so you can extend it and flex it more. You'll probably end up needing that unless you have the perfect place for it. I put it in a little tray next to a power outlet in my Camry using the plastic disc and sticky pad. So far, so good.

There are only a couple of drawbacks. First is you can't pop a phone on that with a case. I don't think anybody has tackled that drawback. Second thing is I wish the suction cup was like my GPS and had a little lever that would kinda tighten it. Makes a better, well, suck. But I got it to stick on the second try. Best to use a small amount of soapy water to get it to stick.

I highly recommend this one.