rotating screen...please help

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by anneliz12, Sep 22, 2008.

1. anneliz12 macrumors newbie

Hi!! I have a new iPhone and I was wondering if there is any way to meke he screen rotate when sending a text message. I find typing so much easier when the keyboard is horizontal.

2. Tom B. macrumors 65816

Tom B.

At the moment, there is unfortunately no official way of doing this. However, it has been requested by so many people that Apple must have heard. The only option is to wait and see if Apple decide to implement it.

3. speakerwizard macrumors 68000

speakerwizard

the reason the keyboard doesnt go horizontal in 'typing apps' like mail and sms like in safari is because it takes up so much of the screen you cant see what you are typing, safari only uses 1 line. Also it is faster to use the portrait keyboard as the keys are closer, if you are fairly new with an iphone you will probably learn to prefer the portrait and see how the horizontal is more of a waste of space with 2 thumbs, or even 1 finger.

4. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Yea, people have been complaining about it. Apple will have an option hopefully. In the mean time learn to use portrait, or download another sms/mail app like MobileChat or Palringo, IM+. I mean hey, BlackBerry pearl has a portrait keyboard. So does the Palm Centro.

5. andreab35 macrumors 6502a

andreab35

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F136 Safari/525.20)

Having the horizontal keyboard in SMS and mail would be nice...
    But, you are new. You will get the hang of it in no time. I've had the iPhone since May, and I can type pretty well now.

All it takes is practice. :)