Rotation Inhibitor alternative?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by macsrcool1234, May 12, 2011.

1. macsrcool1234 macrumors 65816

I broke my old phone and got a new phone, it came with 4.3.3. Unfortunately rotation inhibitor doesn't work with 4.3 or above.

Is there any alternative program (preferably with SBSettings integration?

thanks.

2. Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Portrait lock is built into iOS on the iPhone now: double tap the home button and swipe the multitasking dock from left to right, and it's the far left hand button

3. Maverick1337 macrumors 65816

Maverick1337

I don't believe the iPhone 3G has that support for portrait lock? I may be completely wrong though.

4. The LPT macrumors regular

if you enable native multitasking it will support portrait mode

5. michaelcyee macrumors member

Yes, that's nice, but it's a lot easier for me to swipe once and disable via SBSettings than it is to double tap the home button (which minimizes the app I'm using) and then swipe and then click the portrait lock.

I'm really puzzled as to why Rotation Inhibitor won't work on firmware 4.3 and above.

(BTW: SEO win! This was the second hit when I Googled "rotation inhibitor 4.3")

6. Maverick1337 macrumors 65816

Maverick1337

Really? One extra swipe? I've read reports of rotation inhibitor draining battery life and it uses mobile substrate so there is so ram that is gonna be missing. All for one extra swipe, /thread

7. macsrcool1234 thread starter macrumors 65816

Sorry for the late response but yes im aware of the built in portrait lock, however you cannot lock the phone in landscape unfortunately. I'm not sure why Apple didn't implement this.

Hopefully rotation inhibitor will be updated.

8. michaelcyee macrumors member

Oh, please. This is jailbreaking, which grants one the right to do what THEY want with the iDevice, and not be told by anyone ELSE how they should use the device.

Anyway, I bought MCleaner because I didn't want to lose the double-tap home configuration with mutlifl0w, and that ALSO uses RAM, for just one purpose, so I can open the mulitasking bar with a double tap on the status bar instead of the double tap on home. If Rotation Inhibitor worked I could uninstall it.

I have not noticed any further battery drain with it on/off. There are probably other things that are draining my device more (i.e. use of IRetina+).