Rotationgate

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by Treble, Oct 19, 2015.

1. Treble macrumors 6502

Treble

is it just me who gets this ? I had it on my 6plus and now on my 6splus so much so I now lock the screen as it does my head in

2. GreyOS macrumors 68030

GreyOS

gets what? you have failed to describe any behaviour.

3. Treble thread starter macrumors 6502

Treble

When you unlock your home screen and the screen is in landscape mode and won't go back to portrait for love nor money sorry for not explaining

4. Goatllama macrumors 6502a

Goatllama

5. colburnr macrumors regular

6. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Exactly this. I did a DFU restore and setup my 6+ as new and the rotation is perfect now.

7. Spink10 macrumors 601

Spink10

It's happened to me frequently over the last several iPhones / iOS. Don't several restore / backup. Never done setup as new - need to retain my iPhone messages.

8. AbSoluTc macrumors 68040

AbSoluTc

That's not a viable solution.

What's the point of backing up if you have to do a setup as new anyway? Setup as new isn't an answer. It's just a sweeping "fix" without resolving the issue.

9. Goatllama macrumors 6502a

Goatllama

May not be viable, but it is a solution and would most likely resolve the issue. Or jailbreak so you can perform invasive surgery. Not many ways to go in and 'fix' the closed system that is iOS.

Another alternate would be restoring different backups, deleting certain apps. Something introduced to the phone caused this to happen, so taking stuff could see positive results. Same as a restore though, it's shots in the snappy, buttery dark.

10. techguy69 macrumors regular

techguy69

This happened to my mom a few months ago. Did one DFU at home and another at the Apple store and the issue still persisted, so the Genius thought it was a gyroscope issue and replaced the 6 plus without a fuss.

11. AbSoluTc macrumors 68040

AbSoluTc

Incorrect.

The "something introduced" was iOS 9. I have this rotation issue on my 6S Plus and I restored from a backup. It was NOT evident prior or on my iPhone 6. It's a software issue that needs to be fixed by Apple. It's not an end user issue nor is it anything the user did.

12. Goatllama macrumors 6502a

Goatllama

Lack of info on my part then. Hope they resolve it in an update.

13. rcckks96 macrumors member

Reset All Settings. That did the trick for me, and others. It's annoying, but better than setting up as new.