RotoBrush Test in AE CS5

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by uMac, May 1, 2010.

1. uMac macrumors 6502

Here is my rotobrush test.
    Adobe RotoBrush Test

There is a blip in the video due to me getting fed up with the number of times Premier CS5 crashed on my Mac Pro (+20 times, for almost any action!), so I just exported what I was able to get done.

Video was shot on my Nikon D90.

Enjoy.

2. akdj macrumors 65816

akdj

What are the rest of your Mac Pro specs? Other than 2.0ghz?

Just curious as I'm ready to pull the trigger on Production Premium...but not about to make the jump from my older version of AE until I know it's usable. I am excited to have 64 bit support...as I'm running an early 08 MP, 3.0ghz/8 core, 16gigs RAM. It's a hearty system that I haven't been able to take advantage of until now...this release of the entire CS5 suite...PS, Premier, and AE are my primary motivations...as I have booked only about 20% of the video events this summer in anticipation of making the switch from FCP to Premier (and learning the new software).

I've been using AE for a few years now and I'm excited to work with Premier.

Thanks for any insight you can offer...by the way, thanks for sharing the video. What are you converting your D90 files to for editing?

J

3. uMac thread starter macrumors 6502

@akdj

AE works great:), my issues with stability is Premium itself:(.

I didn't convert the D90 files, just inputted them into AE as is (again I'm new at this). D90 produces Motion Jpeg files in an .avi wrapper, my sure if I transcoded them into something more useful I may get faster rendering, right now I'm about 1 fps with AE when using the rotobrush, other minor effects slow it down to 8-12 fps on the first pass and some level tweaking etc doesn't slow it down if by itself.

Again I don't have a previous version to compare with...

Other System Specs...:rolleyes:

Model Name: Mac Pro
    Model Identifier: MacPro1,1
    Processor Name: Dual-Core Intel Xeon
    Processor Speed: 2 GHz
    Number Of Processors: 2
    Total Number Of Cores: 4
    L2 Cache (per processor): 4 MB
    Memory: 9 GB
    Bus Speed: 1.33 GHz

Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT
    Type: Display