Rotten Tomatoes in the App Store

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by mattmccarty, Jul 14, 2008.

1. mattmccarty macrumors member

mattmccarty

Finally one of the most needed apps for the iPhone/iPod Touch has arrived. It's called Tomatoes and its a Rotten Tomatoes app. So for those of us who are addicted to Rotten Tomatoes this is a God send.

Oh yeah its free!

iTunes link

Mini Review-

The app is pretty simple. All you have to do is type in the movie title you want and then hit search. Once it finds the movie it displays the movie poster art, the actors, and the review rating for the movie. It also gives a few words about the movie, which is nice to have while at the video store.

[​IMG]
    Yes Heavyweights is my favorite movie.

What you will find missing is actual user reviews and media reviews of the movie. Maybe with a new update we will be able to rate the movies and at comments.

Overall its a simple app that is good at what it does, lets you know what a movie is and if it sucks or not.

2. razorianfly macrumors 65816

razorianfly

Just downloaded it, you right, this was a well needed app.

.. And who can argue with THAT price! :cool:

R-Fly

3. mattmccarty thread starter macrumors member

mattmccarty

Just a heads up for everyone. If you go to All iPhone Apps and sort by date this will not show up on the first page. I found a little trick to get to the newest apps.

Do as I said before and go to the All iPhone Apps and click sort by date. Once you do this go to page #2 and then click back to page #1 and then you will see all of the newest apps.

I tell ya the App Store is confusing.

4. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Not a bad app, of course free makes it even better!

5. DreamPod macrumors 65816

DreamPod

There's an App called "Box Office" that's even better. It not only shows Rotten Tomatoes scores, but you can also look up where/when a movie is playing in your local area, or instead look up everything that's playing in your theaters, and buy tickets for the movie.

6. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

7. ChrisN macrumors 65816

ChrisN

'

yup very good app.

ChrisN

8. D3lta macrumors 6502a

Box Office is a great app, but only shows the RT score for movies currently in theatres, and there's no search option(unless I'm not seeing it).

9. razorianfly macrumors 65816

razorianfly

Does 'Box office' Support UK theaters?

R-Fly

10. bmh16 macrumors regular

No and for some crap reason its in the UK store. Don't touch it with a barg pole unless you live in the USA.

11. ctakim macrumors 6502

Thank you!

I have not used the app much yet, just downloaded it. But I do want to thank you for your efforts and for making it free!! I salute you!:)

12. Mindflux macrumors 68000

Mindflux

This app is amazing. +++

13. marksman macrumors 603

marksman

Yeah since Box office already integrates the Rotten Tomato ratings, I don't see the need for me to get this, personally.

14. mark34 macrumors 6502a

I have tried all of the current movie apps. I have settled on 'Box Office' in combination with Tomatoes. Box Office is the best, but I like the tomatoes search as well, though the search is a little touchy and doesn't always seem to want to provide results.

15. pianoplayer1 macrumors 6502

pianoplayer1

16. elbirth macrumors 65816

Rotten Tomatoes could be cool, but I'd like it to have a list of current movies in theaters or something so you could read a review of the movies available before going to see one. Sure you can search, but you don't always really remember the name of all the movies available.

Also, why does it trail off on the review instead of letting you scroll or tap something to visit their website for the full review? That makes it more or less pointless to me.

Box Office is nice, but it doesn't have movie trailers or anything like that.

17. KittyToy macrumors 6502

KittyToy

that's why i like the movies app...that one has trailers and I don't to much care about tomatoes scoring

18. DJ88 macrumors regular

I just downloaded it and when I type something into the search it says

"Unable to search. Please Try again"

Is it down right now or something?

19. elbirth macrumors 65816

yeah I think I like the movies app the best of them, but until today, every time I tried to view a trailer it would either crash the app or my whole phone. it seems to be loading now though, so hopefully it'll work out nicely

20. pb30 macrumors newbie

Boxoffice dev has said that trailers are coming

21. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

Good pickup

I am going to download this tomorrow as I love visiting that site

22. Markleshark macrumors 603

Markleshark

Box Office is good, but it's US only. Fair enough, but why it's then in the UK Store I have no idea.

23. pooryou macrumors 65816

This app is useful but it's a little too barebones. Why is the screen blank when you launch the app? I would like a way to browse the latest movies etc maybe take a cue from rottentomatoes.com home page? Also it would be nice to be able to click thru and read more reviews. Thanks for creating it!