Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lunarcamel

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 25, 2010
So not only do I have the signal issue but today I noticed a decent size round white spot on my screen. I thought it must be a smudge because it wasnt there yesterday but its a defect with the screen. Its not a dead pixel but more like a soft glow on the screen about 1/8" in diameter toward the top left.

Anyone else having this issue?

jhanlon

macrumors member
Dec 3, 2008
Several Small White Spots

I have a string of perhaps 15-18 small white spots (largest about the head of a pin) curving from mid-screen left to top screen right that show only on light colored screens (e.g., yellow, white.) Clearly a display flaw. I intend to return the phone for a replacement

j3w3ly

macrumors member
Jun 14, 2010
So not only do I have the signal issue but today I noticed a decent size round white spot on my screen. I thought it must be a smudge because it wasnt there yesterday but its a defect with the screen. Its not a dead pixel but more like a soft glow on the screen about 1/8" in diameter toward the top left.

Anyone else having this issue?

I have a string of perhaps 15-18 small white spots (largest about the head of a pin) curving from mid-screen left to top screen right that show only on light colored screens (e.g., yellow, white.) Clearly a display flaw. I intend to return the phone for a replacement

Pics?

lunarcamel

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 25, 2010
All boxed up and headed back to Apple. It was really weird, the best way to describe it is like there was something pushing against the back of the screen because its not a dead pixel.

The replacement better not have the same issue or Ill flip out :)

jhanlon

macrumors member
Dec 3, 2008
Exchanged for new phone today at Apple Store so cannot take pics. Not sure that they would show the defect anyway because I think that it was in the physical display screen.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.