Router advice - airport extreme worth the price?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by motox25, May 1, 2010.

1. motox25 macrumors member

On average I get around a year out of my wireless routers before they go out on me. The Ethernet functions fine on them but my wireless devices (iPad, iPhone, psp, laptop) fail to connect to the routers or my connection keeps dropping. I bought a netgear N router last november and it's already getting to the point where I have to reset it daily in order for my wifi devices to connect to it. Is this normal? I've owned netgesr, linksys, and belkin routers and they all do the same. Is the airport extreme worth the price?

2. BigBeast macrumors 6502a

Yup!

I've had my Airport Extreme for a WHILE now (over a year I'm sure) It's always on and always works (know on wood;). I also have a airport express that I take with me on holiday etc. and can daisy chain it to my Airport extreme to extend it's range. The Airport Extreme is very well worth it if you can handle the price. Also, if you have a Mac with Applecare, Apple will "insure" 1 Airport (either extreme or express) with the insured Mac.:D

3. iMav macrumors 6502

iMav

Recently purchased the Linksys E3000 and it has been rock solid for me. I've got a lot of different wireless clients and it is hard to find a router that will work well with them all. This has been the most stable my wireless network(s) have been in quite a while.

Highly recommended...definitely worth the price.