Router envolved question

JonoColesUK

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 23, 2005
London UK
Hy there

I ordered this wireless router today:

http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Merchant_Id=1&Section_Id=&pcount=&Product_Id=141064

Its to go onto a ADSL line provided by BT. Its so i dont have to move my phoneline into my room to get internet on ym powerbook.

I just wanted to know how i should go about installing it and if i still need my original BT modem. Also if anyone has any experience with this deivce any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanking you in advance

Jono

:)

Peterkro

macrumors 68020
Aug 17, 2004
Communard de Londres,Tiocfaidh ár lá
Hi,its a dsl/router so you won't need your BT jobby.It'll come with a quick start guide that is very straight forward and simple.The only thing is setting up WEP security also straight forward just don't lose your password(my wireless network is open I don't care who uses it and many other people feel the same, if everyone did it we'd have seamless wireless all over).If you care about security change the admin password to something other than default.

JonoColesUK

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 23, 2005
London UK
Peterkro said:
Hi,its a dsl/router so you won't need your BT jobby.It'll come with a quick start guide that is very straight forward and simple.The only thing is setting up WEP security also straight forward just don't lose your password(my wireless network is open I don't care who uses it and many other people feel the same, if everyone did it we'd have seamless wireless all over).If you care about security change the admin password to something other than default.

Cheers bro

thats what i wanted to here

how easy do you recon it would be to set up a PC onto the same network in a couple of months after i set it up?

bear in mind its got oldschool PCI slots (pentium III win98SE homebuild lol)

once again thankyou very much

Jono :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.