Router help

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Mkostera16, Feb 11, 2012.

1. Mkostera16 macrumors member

I'm getting ready to throw my Belkin N wireless router out of the window.... It used to be fine but now I have to reset it 2-3 times a day. I was looking at the airport extreme/express. They seem a little pricy but I would be willing to pay that much to not have the connection problems I have no with my current router. If anyone else has any recommendations please let me know. I use wifi for my MacBook pro, Xbox 360, and IPhone 4s. Thanks

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

3. jcampbell1070 macrumors member

i bought the netgear wndr4500 for 179.00 , i have 2 macbook pros, 2 iPhones , blackberry torch, at&t macrocell , 2 WII's, xbox 360 and a pc laptop. and i have no connection issues. works great and i love it.

4. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Cheap routers are not necessarily bad routers: I think your problem is buying a Belkin. Belkin routers (and most of their other "compatible" products) are notorious for not working properly with Macs.

5. Mkostera16 thread starter macrumors member

Yea I had no idea at the time when I bought it. I hear a lot of bad things about Belkin routers now. I dont have any issues at all with MacBook pro, its mainly the 360 and sometimes the iPhone 4s :/

6. camardelle macrumors 6502

I just replaced my Belkin with an airport extreme which blows my belkin out the window as far as I'm concerned. I looked at some of the high dollar routers and figured that the ae wasn't that far off in price so I picked one up off ebay at around $50 less than new and I couldn't tell the difference when it arrived. The guy still had the stickers in the package. LOL

7. squeakr macrumors 68000

squeakr

Or working at all. Had one fail and sent it back for repair/ replacement under warranty and was lost in the mail, as they state that they get 2-3 large pallets of returns everyday and can't keep track of it all (was told this by Belkin rep when conferenced in with USPS investigator). I had insurance, so the refund from the USPS for losing it (it was supposed to be signed for and since they dropped the ball they refunded the cost) purchased me anything but a Belkin product, as that was my third router being replace by them and the worst routers I have ever used.

8. Mkostera16 thread starter macrumors member

Nice! i was leaning towards finding an airport extreme on ebay or a netgear router

9. camardelle macrumors 6502

I'm happy with my purchase and vendor but maybe I got lucky. If I had to do it again, I'd go to the refurb shop at Apple.com. There's a refurb with full warranty for about $6 more than I paid for mine.

And I bet you get stickers too. I love the stickers. :D