Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

krogers34

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 17, 2008
So I just moved into my new apartment at college and in order to save money am sharing internet with the neighbors. Their router wasn't working so I gave them my dlink router to use that I had set up at home and everything worked out there.

Now it seems the router works perfect for everyone else except for my MB and iPad. The internet will be working perfectly sometimes and then other times it will say I am connected to the router but do not have an internet connection. The same thing happens on my iPad. I thought it might be because the router was overloaded but at the same time I could not get on I borrowed my friends computer that hadn't been on and he was able to connect to the internet.

If anyone knows what may be happening help would greatly be appreciated.

stoveguy

macrumors member
Jul 4, 2010
is apartment on or off campus? school network? i ask to determine what internet provider you have. my kid had many issues setting up wireless router at school dorm. each room has detailed install instruction sheet since it is the #1 issue of new students. gotta get on the internet.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.