Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cowman007

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 17, 2007
Hey there i just bought a new router and I'm wondering if it'll be compatible with my future iMac.

It's a treadnet router (sucky i know but it was 10 bucks couldn't resist) and the box says it's compatible with WIndows 98 SE,Windows 2000,Windows XP and then it says Mac with and apple logo?

Im really confused. Will this router work with Mac osx 10.4 and 10.5 cause thats the time period were in or going to be in.

HEres the link
http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/pr...angid=EN&sku_id=0665000FS10067076&catid=19994

Thanks for any help

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
I don't see why it wouldn't work. Of course, it's a g router, so if you're buying a new Mac with wireless n, then you'll be short-changed a little.

But for $10, you should be okay using it with your Mac.

Essentially, as long as it can connect to your cable modem and hand out IP addresses, you should be fine. Assuming it's managed via a web browser, and you don't need a direct connection, which could be problematic. But I'd doubt it.

CrzyCanuck72

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2003
I have that exact same router (also got it for $10 from futureshop :p), and it works fine with my MacBook. It has good range, too.

cowman007

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 17, 2007
Yep. Works just fine. Just to let you know, it doesn't ask if you want to set up wep or wpa security in its windows only wizard, but this is configurable from the web interface.

Yea I always found that wizard to be a little weird cause when i called customer service they told me to do everything from the web interface and ignore the wizard completely

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.