Router Suggestion (PS3+Mac+Vista+XP)

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by nzoMD, Mar 21, 2009.

1. nzoMD macrumors member

I am sick of my router, linksys wrt54gs, because our macbooks have issues with the passwords. We have two macbook pros, and a macbook. Neither can "easily" log into our router if we have it secured. By easily, I mean we have to continue to spam the login button over and over until it finally lets us in.

Also, it is very important that the router works well with a PS3. Linksys are terrible. Setup took me hour, and I do not feel like spending that time getting my network setup.

So, to sigma it up. Any suggestions that work well with ps3, macbook pros/macbook (all leopard), and a vista PC in a secured network.

Thanks. Much appreciated.

Edit: For got add. I don't want to spend $200 on an apple router. And it must be a cable router.

2. webgoat macrumors 6502a

webgoat

then spend $99 on an apple airport express router

3. cube macrumors G5

Check out about putting DD-WRT on that router, before buying a new one.

Now, you might get bitten by the Vista limited or local-only wireless connectivity bug, like many people looking for a solution with a variety of routers.

4. Zmmin3 macrumors regular

I have a Dlink dir-655 that my Imac, xp laptop, and Wii all go through wirelessly. Only thing about it is the interface is not necessarily the easiest.

5. digitaldean macrumors member

Just ordered a DIR-655. Connecting 2 eeePCs, a Wii, plus 2 Macs and 1 PC desktop. Heard a lot of good things about the performance. Also heard it throws a lot of heat off. Is that true?