Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

The sequel to Rovio's original Angry Birds Star Wars game has just hit the App Store following the public launch of iOS 7. Angry Birds Star Wars IIis based on the "Star Wars" movie prequels and allows players to join either the Pork Federation or the "Pork Side" to play as the pig Darth Maul, Emperor Palpatine, and more.

Angry Birds Star Wars II includes more than 30 playable characters along with support for Telepods, allowing users to place Angry Birds Star Wars figurines on the front-facing camera of a device to unlock new birds within the game.

Our sister site TouchArcade has published a detailed review of Angry Birds Star Wars II, describing the game mechanics, in-app purchases, and more.
It's tricky reviewing Angry Birds games now, as I'm really not sure what can be said anymore about these games that we haven't already in reviewing the half dozen or so other Angry Birds games. Everyone knows how they play, everyone knows the premise, and you'd be hard pressed to find someone who hasn't at least tried (and vaguely enjoyed) an Angry Birds game.

Like its gaming forefathers, Angry Birds Star Wars II is a great game. There's a reason why the Angry Birds global dynasty exists, and that's because Rovio knows how to make killer video games that appeal to gamers of all types and all ages. ABSII is fun as heck regardless of whether you're just breezing through levels with the included birds, or slamming your head against the three star wall. Even calling it a "refinement" of the originals seems weird, as Rovio perfected the Angry Birds formula years ago.
Angry Birds Star Wars II is a universal app that can be downloaded from the App Store for $0.99. [Direct Link]

Article Link: Rovio's 'Angry Birds Star Wars II' Hits the App Store

xero9

macrumors 6502a
Nov 7, 2006
I think I played maybe 10 levels on the original.. Kind of tired of Angry Birds at this point.

funnyent

macrumors regular
Dec 26, 2007
Cow_female_black_white.jpg

milk milk

ArtOfWarfare

macrumors G3
Nov 26, 2007
If it's so hard to write about Angry Birds, why not spare us all and cover literally any other app? Hey, how about an app that keeps track of the battery on your wireless keyboards, mice, and trackpads? It's a lot easier to talk about, a lot more people are interested in and want it, it won Apple's student design contest, MacWorld deemed it one of the best apps on the App Store, it's not a duplicate of another app, and you've never covered it before?

Probably too risky a move to actually put a Mac news item in the Mac blog - it's much better sticking stock news, news of Apple executives, and Apple store openings in the Mac blog.

roadbloc

macrumors G3
Aug 24, 2009
UK
Can't wait for the sequel next year. And the LEGO Star Wars Angry Birds that will follow shortly afterwards.

Twimfy

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2011
UK
This whole "buy toys to unlock new stuff" thing has to stop.

It's horrific marketing which puts pressure on parents to buy **** for their kids just because Johnny next door has a figure that their kid doesn't.

It's very clever, but it's sick.

Oui

macrumors 6502
Nov 9, 2012

It's horrific marketing which puts pressure on parents to buy **** for their kids just because Johnny next door has a figure that their kid doesn't.

Oh. get a grip man.

NeroAZ

Suspended
Jun 23, 2009
Phoenx, AZ

I would agree, but I'm anxiously waiting the next series of Disney Infinity characters and world sets.

oh, and all of my dusty skylanders figures are awaiting a new game to play as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.