rowmote helper app problem

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by philMBP, May 21, 2009.

1. philMBP macrumors 6502

Has anyone experienced problems with the rowmote helper app not automatically loading after system restart?

My Rowmote and helper app work fine, except that I have to manually launch the app every time I restart my Mac. I’ve checked my running processes and it clearly isn’t running….not to mention if it was actually running, it would tell me this when I attempt to launch it manually. The app clearly states that the helper app will automatically load on restart provided it is not shut down first.

When I install the app, I get a “Rowmote Helper needs to repair permissions to enable remote control… type your password”. Done. The security code prompt is next. Done.
    Everything works fine until I restart my Mac.

What am I missing?

2. dage007 macrumors newbie

3. philMBP thread starter macrumors 6502

I don't use Time Machine Dave :p. Besides, there is no successful config to restore from...I've never gotten it to work. Btw, I've also tried repairing disk permissions...but this does not affect third-party packages anyway. The Leopard firewall is also properly configured, obviously, because everything works except for auto-load after system restart.

I am running 10.5.7 with ALL updates.

One thing I've noticed is that user reviews on app store say that installation forced a system restart. Mine didn't and still doesn't.

I'm awaiting a response from the developper.

4. evands macrumors member

philmbp contacted me and we were able to resolve the problem. Thanks for giving me the opportunity to fix it, Phil.

For anyone else having this problem using Rowmote 1.8: Rowmote Helper 1.8.1, a free download as always, is now available at rowmote.com.

5. philMBP thread starter macrumors 6502

Works like a charm now ;)
    Excellent support and communication!