Roxio Popcorn

JzzTrump22

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 13, 2004
New York
What size does popcorn compress 8 gig files to? In other words, will i be able to fit an 8 gig movie on a standard 4.7 gig dvd by compressing it with popcorn? And will it play on a standard dvd player? *Please ignor my other post in the buying tips forum*

appletalk

macrumors member
Jan 21, 2005
Pacific Coast
Can anyone tell me how good the quality is copying a dual layer down to a single 4.7?
I am hoping its not to bad, but I want to hear from you guys before I buy.

As always, thank you!

NEENAHBOY

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2004
Arlington, VA
expergo said:
popcorn wiil compress teh movie and burn.

toast will only burn.
So, I guess I'm not understanding this completely, but why buy Toast for upwards of $60 when you can buy Popcorn for $40 off Amazon and get the ability to burn AND compress? It just seems silly, unless Toast has some special features I don't know about that makes it worth the price.

munkle

macrumors 68030
Aug 7, 2004
On a jet plane
NEENAHBOY said:
So, I guess I'm not understanding this completely, but why buy Toast for upwards of $60 when you can buy Popcorn for $40 off Amazon and get the ability to burn AND compress? It just seems silly, unless Toast has some special features I don't know about that makes it worth the price.
Popcorn can only burn the movie you compress. Toast is capable of burning data/video/audio discs, hence the greater price. However, Toast isn't capable of compressing movies.

krysant

macrumors newbie
Jan 24, 2005
I just want to warn some of users who have Panasonic or Sony DVD players.
Burned DVDs may have a skipping/jumping frame problems. I have Panasonic player and I got so annoyed by jumping frames.
I thought it was caused by a cheap media or burning too fast. Recently I found out that it was Popcorn!!! If you don’t need to compress, Popcorn is fine. Otherwise you’d better get a different application for compression. I bought DVD2OneX and it works fine with my Panasonic player.

jeremy.king

macrumors 603
Jul 23, 2002
Fuquay Varina, NC
krysant said:
I just want to warn some of users who have Panasonic or Sony DVD players.
Burned DVDs may have a skipping/jumping frame problems. I have Panasonic player and I got so annoyed by jumping frames.
I thought it was caused by a cheap media or burning too fast. Recently I found out that it was Popcorn!!! If you don’t need to compress, Popcorn is fine. Otherwise you’d better get a different application for compression. I bought DVD2OneX and it works fine with my Panasonic player.
No problems on my Sony player, which has advertised support for DVD+R/DVD-R :confused:

Definitely had probs on my old panasonic, but then again it was "old"

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.