Roxio Toast 12

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by arkmannj, Jul 31, 2014.

1. arkmannj macrumors 65816

arkmannj

I have been a loooong time user of Toast, and purchased almost each version over the years. Now Roxio has released version 12 and for the first time I see no compelling reason to upgrade. I was wondering if anyone out there has tried it (especially with Yosemite) that can say if there is anything particularly great about it or not.

2. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

Have not seen anything compelling enough for me to take the plunge. I will most likely stick with 11. So little has been added that they can not justify the price they are asking. If it was maybe a $10-20 dollar upgrade, maybe? But at a $100 for the Pro version, I think they are out of their minds.

I find all the additional software that comes with it is just useless. Have never used any of it for anything. Will not be surprised if it is not to long before discounts for it start showing up.

3. arkmannj thread starter macrumors 65816

arkmannj

I'm glad to see I wasn't just missing something.
    It sounds like you use Toast the same as me. I don't do anything with all the extra apps. The Core Toast App, and the HD/BluRay extension are all I use.
    I think they could make more money by scaling back what the Toast product offers and calling back the purchase price.

4. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

I have to agree with you. They certainly could scale it back. With all the apps available today to compete against them, and many of those apps being better and much cheaper, I think Roxio needs to rethink their approach.

I use just the basic app plus blue ray plug-in. The current updates they have added will do nothing for me. I have far better apps than what they offer.