RRHOF inductees announced

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California
Which is something THEY want to avoid.

Setting purity tests, opens up economic popularity contests I think they would like to avoid.

Genres tend to rise & fall, the HoF is looking to maintain importance no matter what's in vogue.

I think it started as the Rock & Roll HoF for the name recognition, but they want importance of being musically relevant across a few genres.
Are we sure about this... At times and given who they are putting in, it would appear to be all about the popular vote! I can see it both ways when it comes to changing the name... or not changing the name.

JayMysterio

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2010
Rock Ridge, California
Are we sure about this... At times and given who they are putting in, it would appear to be all about the popular vote! I can see it both ways when it comes to changing the name... or not changing the name.
I think they began with Rock & Roll HoF, but to remain relevant they expanded the choices. That's always been my feeling. Rock & Roll as a genre hasn't maintained the strength it had when the HoF started, so one way to get attention is to include a wider selection.

Should they change the name?

That I could care less about. It's what they started out as, it's what they are known as. Unless there's some large ground swell demanding such a change I can't see why. I just don't see enough interest in the RRHoF in itself, that anyone would care about such a name change.

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California
I think they began with Rock & Roll HoF, but to remain relevant they expanded the choices. That's always been my feeling. Rock & Roll as a genre hasn't maintained the strength it had when the HoF started, so one way to get attention is to include a wider selection.

Should they change the name?

That I could care less about. It's what they started out as, it's what they are known as. Unless there's some large ground swell demanding such a change I can't see why. I just don't see enough interest in the RRHoF in itself, that anyone would care about such a name change.
I think this is more the case truthfully.