Rrrrroll up the rim to win!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by SilvorX, Mar 5, 2008.

1. SilvorX macrumors 68000

SilvorX

Has anyone won the annual Roll up the Rim to Win contest at Tim Hortons? If so, what?

Nothing here so far, I've purchased 4 coffees, all Please Play Again :(
    [​IMG]

2. RumMunkey macrumors 6502a

RumMunkey

One stupid doughnut from about.... 20 coffees since RutR started on Monday. :(

3. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

I'm in the same boat, since the contest started I've had 4 larges, 1 extra large and 1 medium. ALL of them have come up with "Please Play Again" :(

If the cafe mocha's weren't so good I'd have quit by now! ... ok maybe not, but a free coffee would be nice. I'd be going more often if they had flat screen tvs up for grabs again. :)

4. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Can someone post a Tim Hortons coffee (medium) to Australia? Thanks. You don't even need to have my address. Just write "Abstract" and send to Australia. There's not a lot of people here, so it'll get to me eventually.

PS: I've got my Timmy's thermal mug here with me. I have the travel version because the regular brown version is fugly.

5. RumMunkey macrumors 6502a

RumMunkey

6. SilvorX thread starter macrumors 68000

SilvorX

Have you tried the new premium mocha? I think the Cafe Mocha will start having a new rival! It's a great drink, a bit similar to the regular cafe mocha but with espresso. Comparable to the Starbucks Mocha.. but heck alot better!

It's easy to drink, so now whenever I go to Timmies, I always eeny-meeny-miny-mo to choose between the two because they're both great

7. Iscariot macrumors 68030

Iscariot

Someone at the office won two cups in a row.

I don't drink the stuff myself.

8. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Are they the same price?

I don't know why, but the part of me who lived in Hamilton (home of Timmy's) for 4 years really needs to know!

9. neoserver macrumors 6502

I've bought about 4 larges since the contest started. None of them won.

Then one day, I found an empty cup (large) sitting on the floor at campus. It was unrolled. Needless to say, I rolled it, and won a coffee!

So technically I've won from the contest, but never paid for the winning cup. :p

10. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

&
    I have tried the premium mocha, and it was pretty good however there is a cost difference, and usually I just go for the cheaper (yet still good) Cafe Mochas. Today though I'm feeling rich and just might have to nip downstairs for a Premium Cafe Mocha ... you know to see how much the price difference is. ;)

<edit> Well I compared the price between a large Premium Chocolate Mocha (that's the official name BTW) and the large cafe mocha; the price of the Premium is $0.99 more and is much more like a mocha latte. I'm enjoying the espresso buzz right now but I think I'm going to keep this one for a every once-in-a-while drink, I really don't need this much caffeine! </edit>

BTW Check this out:
    Too bad there's no pics of the cup!

P.S. The cup was a winner! I won a free cup. :)

11. ItTakesII macrumors member

ItTakesII

hahah That is awesome!

Unfortunately all we have down here in Miami is Starbucks (which I still love!)

12. brad.c macrumors 68020

brad.c

I only buy Iced Caps--no paper rims to roll. I'd ask for an empty cup, but then my inner David Suzuki would cry.