RSA SecurID App on iOS 7

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by fizz306, Sep 18, 2013.

1. fizz306 macrumors newbie

Anyone using it? Our company was advised to hold off on updating our phones (of which mine is personal) to iOS 7 until they update the app. They don't exactly have the greatest track record of quick and timely updates...

2. rsnaider macrumors member

I have been using that app daily since last week when I pulled down the GM build without any issues.

Using an iPhone 5 in case that matters.

3. fizz306 thread starter macrumors newbie

good to know, thanks so much. i'm a plain old vanilla iphone 5 as well.

4. chevelleguy3 macrumors regular

I too use the RSA SecurID app and it is working fine under iOS 7. Also using an iPhone 5.

5. steveza macrumors 68000

steveza

Yup, it's actually worked fine all the way since beta 1 :)

6. fizz306 thread starter macrumors newbie

you know how any corporate it moves. they move at the pace of blackberry. an unfortunate but necessary evil.

7. notsotemporary macrumors newbie

There are actually issues with this app on iOS7. We are in contact with RSA over "login failed" issues when you install RSA on a device with iOS7. I would suggest holding off upgrades as long as possible or you may experience the same issue.

8. nepalisherpa macrumors 68020

nepalisherpa

9. notsotemporary macrumors newbie

The issue only arises when you install the RSA app on top of iOS7. If you have a device running iOS6 that has the app and then you upgrade to iOS7, you will not see an issue.

10. notsotemporary macrumors newbie

RSA App on iOS7

Hey Guys,

Is anyone else seeing any issues with using RSA on iOS7 devices?

When we install the RSA App on a device with iOS7 (upgraded or new device), the initial login with an RSA token works just fine. After a disconnect though, we continue to get "Login Failed".

If you are on iOS6 with a working RSA token and upgrade though, there is no issue seen. This happens only when you install the RSA app on a device currently running iOS7.

We can reliably reproduce this problem and are in contact with RSA about the issue. Is anyone else seeing something similar?

11. nepalisherpa macrumors 68020

nepalisherpa

I did a fresh install of iOS 7 on my iPhone 5 and reinstalled all my apps. I did not update.

12. notsotemporary macrumors newbie

Odd. We have tested this same scenario on an iPad and had it fail. New install of iOS7 on a mini that we install the RSA app from the app store. We send a token, install it successfully and then it fails on the 2nd login.