Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bendy Walker

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 29, 2008
Manchester, UK
Is anyone else a little concerned by how RSS Feeds are currently being managed in Mail 5? I use Mail as my default RSS reader in Snow Leopard, and I'm not feeling how RSS is handled in Mail 5 in Lion.

Tmelon

macrumors 65816
Feb 26, 2011
Is anyone else a little concerned by how RSS Feeds are currently being managed in Mail 5? I use Mail as my default RSS reader in Snow Leopard, and I'm not feeling how RSS is handled in Mail 5 in Lion.

What don't you like about it?

Bendy Walker

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 29, 2008
Manchester, UK
It seems to be grouping lots of separate news stories together, and I don't quite understand why. It seems to be grouping the stories by day, and then putting each story in that group as a separate item. I want each story to be listed separately, like it currently is in Mail 4.

Tmelon

macrumors 65816
Feb 26, 2011
It seems to be grouping lots of separate news stories together, and I don't quite understand why. It seems to be grouping the stories by day, and then putting each story in that group as a separate item. I want each story to be listed separately, like it currently is in Mail 4.

I don't use feeds in mail, but I assume you've got into the settings and tried changing them?

Bendy Walker

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 29, 2008
Manchester, UK
I don't know why I use Mail - I just always have done. It works great, and does what I need it to. I guess if they keep RSS feeds the way they are in Mail 5, I'll have to transition to an RSS reader from the App Store. I suppose it's as good of a time as any to do so.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.