RSS / Google Readers

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sabesh, Oct 23, 2011.

1. sabesh macrumors regular

I'm a Google Reader junkie. Since I take subways all the time, I like to have offline reading functionality (100% of the article, after Sync). Thus far, I know of only 2 apps that can do this: Printful & Byline. Are there any other Apps that have 100% offline reading capability for Google Reader? Thanks.

2. vitzr macrumors 68030

vitzr

Reeder works offline as well as on. I find it's excellent.

3. JMC08 macrumors regular

What's wrong with Byline? Does it sync slowly or something?

4. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

Reeder on iPad and iPhone. I like Byline slightly more on iPhone as EVERYTHING is offline; Twitter, Instapaper, etc..

5. bluedoggiant macrumors 68030

bluedoggiant

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Reeder is the best RSS app for iPhone IMO

6. ed.g macrumors member

Actually, Reeder is the best option across all devices including Macs. You can't beat the functionality of this app.

7. sabesh thread starter macrumors regular

I do have Reeder. But you cannot read a FULL article offline. I'm looking for an App which will download and sync the ENTIRE article (not just the summary or first paragraph). To test: Put iPhone into Airplane mode and try reading an article.

Byline is good. But it misses downloads for some articles. Printful does it perfectly, but I am looking for something with a traditional layout like Byline, Reeder or Feeddler. Thx.

8. tecnosof, Oct 28, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2011

tecnosof macrumors newbie

Did you guys look at newly luanched app called Mygazine?

We recently launched an IPad app called Mygazine. The App collects all your favorite articles from various sources and then present it in a magazine style. It also has a feature called 'Traveler Mode' that creates a copy of complete articles with images for offline reading.

As an introductory offer app is for sale for 99Cents for limited time only. Try it out.

here is the link to App Store Mygazine

9. big samm macrumors 65816