RSS in Mail not working

Discussion in 'macOS' started by arnhemland, Nov 27, 2007.

1. arnhemland macrumors newbie

I hope I'm overlooking something simple but here goes. As of Nov. 23rd Mail has stopped updating my RSS feeds. I don't know why, I tried quitting Mail, rebooting, removing RSS feeds and re-adding, setting manual update in RSS feed options in Mail, played with those settings as well.

Anyway, I really don't know what's up with Mail, but it's annoying. I'd rather not use another app just for RSS, I really enjoyed having that functionality within Mail.

Thanks!

2. britpop macrumors member

3. baummer macrumors 6502a

Same thing has been happening to me. If you right click on each feed, and then tell it to Update, then it works. But I shouldn't have to do that. It's quite annoying; just when I was liking Mail again...

4. phalewhale macrumors 6502a

phalewhale

I've had this problem from day 1 back in October last year. Only I never felt the need to do anything about it. Well, it's got to the point where it hasn't worked for days now. Usually I can just quit mail and start it up again but this time no such luck. Feeds won't even update if I click on them. In fact - they've disappeared altogether!!!

5. corinhorn macrumors 6502a

corinhorn

Is there a fix for this problem or do we have to wait 'til 10.5.5? It's pretty annoying.

6. Blaat Mekker macrumors member

The problem just started occurring with me with 10.5.6.

7. Morod macrumors 68000

Morod

If you got the recent security update from Apple, you can use Safari for your RSS feeds safely now, if that's an option for you.
    Morod

8. Blaat Mekker macrumors member

I started using Mail for RSS because it has better options, so using Safari isn't an option.

9. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

Use NewsFire instead. It is better than the two combined for RSS feeds.

10. Blaat Mekker macrumors member

Looks nice, but there are two things that I'm missing right now:
    - My old entries
    - Gestures (big one)

11. Blaat Mekker macrumors member

It looks like NewsFire won't update the feeds while the screensaver is activated. Can anybody confirm this?

12. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

Never really noticed to be honest. It updates my feeds almost instantly for me so I don't really think about it.