RSS (news feed) vs Twitter

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Traverse, Dec 24, 2013.

1. Traverse macrumors 603

Traverse

Hi,

This is a serious question because I don't have any social media accounts. I like several websites and certain editors. I have been wanting an updating feed of new stores and what not.

Would an RSS feed app (like reader) or a fake Twitter account be more suited for what I want?

2. mpantone macrumors 6502

Twitter does not require any sort of actual identify confirmation. You can sign up with a fanciful handle, like TraverseLuvsMR and follow various Twitter accounts without ever posting yourself.

A lot of media sites are moving away from RSS these days, or associating the service with a paid subscription model.

There are other options like Flipboard or other online news aggregator tools/apps that are picking up where RSS comes up short.

Your best bet would be to consult people whom you know and trust about their method of obtaining information, rather than asking an anonymous bboard like MacRumors. This forum will give you a lot of data, but little knowledge and zero wisdom, and will not tailor the answers to your specific needs, mostly because you don't say much about them, but also because we don't know you personally.

Good luck.

3. Traverse, Dec 24, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2013

Traverse thread starter macrumors 603

Traverse

Thank you for your honest answer, that was really nice of you. I like your "TraverseLuvsMR" name:D

I'll take your advice and do more research. I mainly just follow Tech news sites and BBC. I just wanted a way to see when stories are posted or updated without visiting the sites 10+ times a day.

4. Nolander07 macrumors 6502a

I use pulse. It works great for that kind of thing.

5. Traverse thread starter macrumors 603

Traverse

I've actually looked at this before, but I don't have a LinkedIn account. But I'll keep it in mind.