rss reader app? stumped!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by amemoryoncelost, Apr 29, 2008.

1. amemoryoncelost macrumors 6502

Alright, I'm stumped. I used to use a site to email me all my rss feeds. Every 30/60 minutes it would poll my feeds and it would email me any updates. Well, I just stopped getting them one day, so I figured I would find an app to do this for me that I could refresh as needed.
    I started with smartRSS, which I really like, except I have to hand type in my feeds, which is a bit too much! So now I'm looking at FEEDS, which I guess is one of the only google reader apps out there, but I can't put my username in because I have a period in it and FEEDS only has options for letters. So I have no idea how to get around that.
    I was thinking of using newsgator online, but would rather use an app. Anyone have any other suggestions for RSS apps out there besides the two I just mentioned.

I just need one I can hopefully put in a username/password and have access to all my feeds as easy as that.

thanks!

2. karenflower macrumors 6502a

karenflower

Vienna is a nice app, with plenty of features. Open Source too. :cool:

3. amemoryoncelost thread starter macrumors 6502

for the iPhone. Sorry, assumed since it was in this section of the forum it was obvious. Though I think I might give it a try for my powermac anyways :)

4. karenflower macrumors 6502a

karenflower

Oh man, I'm dumb! :D Sorry! I didn't notice. Guess it's time for me to go to bed. . (half 4 in the morning here :/)

Hope you get some better recommendations! *blushes*

5. Aranince macrumors 65816

6. amemoryoncelost thread starter macrumors 6502

I'll play with reader.google.com for a little bit. Really want to pick up an app, I really liked the way smartRSS feels and it's quick, but dang, can't type in a million feeds.

thanks

7. sir42 macrumors 6502

I just started using google reader. Is it just me, or is it a tad slow to pick up new stories? There were stories posted to macrumors.com this morning that took a good while to show up on the reader, even when hitting refresh.

8. amemoryoncelost thread starter macrumors 6502

I've noticed it's a little slow as well. Have you played with the new beta version yet? Was using it, but now all of a sudden can't scroll. I touch the screen to scroll down and I hit links, frustrating, especially since it's loads better than the regular version most people see...

9. sir42 macrumors 6502

You know I'm not sure if I'm using the beta or not. How can I tell?