Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

acm1108

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 29, 2013
Curious to see what RSS reader everyone is using for their 6 & 6+. The Feedly hasn't been optimized yet so the app looks and feels terrible.

MacTCE

macrumors 6502
Dec 20, 2013
Raleigh NC
I previously used Reeder 2 as my daily driver, but I've actually moved away from RSS all together and mainly use Twitter now. I just checked and it doesn't look like it's been optimized for the 6 or 6+ yet.

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Newsify working great hereon iPhone 6. No iOS8 version yet, but I just bumped down the font sizes one notch in advanced settings and it works perfectly and looks good.

acm1108

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 29, 2013
I used Reeder 2, but it looks awful on the iPhone 6. I'm eagerly awaiting their update.

Newsify working great hereon iPhone 6. No iOS8 version yet, but I just bumped down the font sizes one notch in advanced settings and it works perfectly and looks good.

I previously used Reeder 2 as my daily driver, but I've actually moved away from RSS all together and mainly use Twitter now. I just checked and it doesn't look like it's been optimized for the 6 or 6+ yet.

Looks like we are all just patiently waiting. I bought the Feed Wrangler app thinking it was a one-time purchase because it looked so good on the preview. Come to find out it's subscription based, and I aint about that life.

MacTCE

macrumors 6502
Dec 20, 2013
Raleigh NC
Looks like we are all just patiently waiting. I bought the Feed Wrangler app thinking it was a one-time purchase because it looked so good on the preview. Come to find out it's subscription based, and I aint about that life.

:D I don't blame you. IMHO Reeder has always been the best option. I didn't mind the Feedly app since I was using their service, but I always went back to Reeder for the interface.

acm1108

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 29, 2013
:D I don't blame you. IMHO Reeder has always been the best option. I didn't mind the Feedly app since I was using their service, but I always went back to Reeder for the interface.

I just want one that doesn't make it look like the resolution is 800x600 on a 1920x 1080 monitor

sk1wbw

Suspended
May 28, 2011
Williamsburg, Virginia
Well, my favorite RSS reader, Fiery Feeds, just got updated today with a widget and iPhone 6 optimization. But I don't yet have an iPhone 6 so I can't say how it looks.

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Anybody here use Feedly? Was wondering how it looks on the larger screens.

I mostly use Newsify but still have the Feedly app on my iPhone 6 and think it looks pretty good.

Here are a couple caps.

973UKwv.png

kgteGtm.png

acm1108

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 29, 2013
Well, my favorite RSS reader, Fiery Feeds, just got updated today with a widget and iPhone 6 optimization. But I don't yet have an iPhone 6 so I can't say how it looks.

Finally! This app looks clean, and nice minimalistic theme. Definitely will pay $4.99 USD for this. Thank you.

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Just got an app update for Newsify with iPhone6/6+ changes and I see on Twitter the Feedly app will also soon be updated.

acm1108

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 29, 2013
Just got an app update for Newsify with iPhone6/6+ changes and I see on Twitter the Feedly app will also soon be updated.

Yes!!! I saw the update for Newisfy last night and started using it this morning. Gladly paid the $2.99 to remove the ads. This is the RSS Reader I was looking for. I like Fiery Feeds, but I noticed a lot of lag or it would just lock up completely. I would like to use this app instead, just cause of the UI. But Newsify wins my vote right now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.