Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ElCambo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 2, 2007
I have been using NetNewsWire for a while now for RSS with my torrents and then having them download automatically and then be opened within Azureus. Unfortunantly my free trial is up tomorrow and i need a new RSS reader that can automatically download the torrents to a certain folder so that azureus can then pick them up and get them downloading while im out. I just found Shrook yet I don't think it can download the torrents automatically. Can anyone help?

joegomolski

macrumors 6502
Apr 28, 2006
So CA
RSS Reader Help!

I think I understand your question. But maybe not.

Before Leopard I used RSSOwl for a RSS reader.

Now with Leopard I'm using mail as my reader. In mail preferences, click on RSS, and Mail is listed as the default RSS reader.

With this arrangement you no longer need a third party program such as Azureus.

ElCambo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 2, 2007
The thing is im using this for Television shows. As I do not live in the US I cant watch the great shows. So I have to download them. I was using NetNewsWire to automatically download the torrents of the website, where Azureus would be able to notice them and start the downloading process while I am at school. I also use Mail for my RSS for websites and news updates, but for downloading torrents automatically I need a new program.

Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.