RSS Reader?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Ncage1974, Sep 25, 2012.

1. Ncage1974 macrumors member

I am new convert. Had an android phone. My new iphone 5 will be delivered today. Google reader perfectly supported my workflow as does Mr. Reader for the IPad. Unfortunately Mr. Reader isn't available for the iphone :(. Here are the features i want:

1. Google Reader Integration
    2. Traditional RSS Feed Look - I don't like the apps that make your rss feel look like a magazine like flipboard.
    3. The ability to mark a thread and everything above it as read
    4. Share with some of the most common sharing services like pocket & evernote.
    5. Easily set things to read/unread

#2 will probably hardest thing to find. Google reader on the iphone has it and so does Mr Reader. From the feature list it doesn't appear feedler has this option. They have a wierd option that marks everything as read while your scrolling. Thats not what i want. I like to leave certain items as unread. To be honest if google reader on the iphone was a real app and just not a glorified web page then i would use it. Unfortunately i don't want to have to reenter my password all the time.

Help would be appreciated.

thanks,
    Ncage

2. Thetonyk123 macrumors 68000

Thetonyk123

I'm not sure of all the feature but I use Reeder. It has google reader support, to go to next RSS you can choose in the apps settings, You can mark multiple things as read at a time, pretty sure you can share them, and you can easily set things as read/unread. It also has alot of settings that are useful.
    Here's the link

EDIT: You can share with tons of services
    - QUOTE.fm
    - Buffer
    - Readability
    - Instapaper
    - Pocket
    - Evernote
    - Pinboard
    - Zootool
    - Delicious
    - Twitter
    - Facebook (iOS 6 only)

($2.99 sadly) http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/reeder/id325502379?mt=8

3. essential macrumors regular

I 2nd Reeder, by far the best I've used, and it only has problems with one of my feeds, but I think it's almost the feed that's the issue (not the app). It's worth $3.

4. Stinja macrumors regular

+1 for Reeder..

but actually though, it's great!

5. kgs macrumors regular

There really should be no complaints about a $3 app that is as useful as Reeder. Seriously.