Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nawlins

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 9, 2003
Chicago
I'm looking for an RSS reader for my Mac, specifically one that displays the authors of articles from a site. A lot of websites and web magazines, like Slate (http://www.slate.com), have rss links to on their pages, but when you read the feed on your reader, it won't tell you the authors of the articles. Similarly, it would be nice if an RSS reader would identify the author of a blog, so I don't have to memorize the name of their blog to be able to know whose it is. Since there are certain authors I like to read whenever they come, it would be nice if my RSS reader could identify the authors of articles.

I've tried using SlashDock, NetNewsWire, and AmphetaDesk, and none of those show the authors to articles. Any advice?

FattyMembrane

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2002
bat country
the problem isn't the newsreader, it's the rss feed. the feed doesn't include the author, so there's no way for an aggregator to know who wrote it. sites choose which information to include in their rss feeds; some include whole articles, some abstracts, and some just headlines.

check out the page in your browser, then open up the rss page and search for the name of an author of an article on the page. they're not there.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.