rss readers

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by halisray, Oct 31, 2010.

1. halisray macrumors regular

hey guys i just got an iphone 4 and i need something to read my google reader subscriptions.. i saw that there are a lot of choices and I dont mind paying $3 for one if it is worth it

so which one should i get? apple newbie here!

2. jps1012 macrumors 6502a

jps1012

3. iphonesite1 macrumors newbie

thanks guys for the responses, i've been looking for a good rss reader on the iphone since i got my first iphone a few years ago and too be honest tried many and didn't like any.

i will check out mobilerss and see how that works out.

4. normwood macrumors 6502a

normwood

I've tried just about all of them and keep coming back to MobileRSS...the paid/pro version. Full featured, clean and reliable. I like that it lets me add/delete subscriptions.

Just my $0.02.

Steve

5. Garcoso macrumors newbie

6. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

I really liked MobileRSS also, very similar feature set as Reeder. I just found Reeder much faster than MobileRSS, especially over 3G.

7. normwood macrumors 6502a

normwood

Weaselboy

Afraid I have to respectfully disagree. I haven't used Reeder on iPhone...only for iPad...but I don't think it loads images until you click on a feed. MobileRSS loads an image if there is one available...which I like. Also, from what I can tell you can't subscribe to feeds in Reeder which you can do in MobileRSS.

You're obviously welcome to your opinion.

Steve

8. SpaceEdge macrumors member

Reeder is the best I tried Byline but didn't like it. Reeder is worth the couple of bucks.

9. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

Don't have an iPad, but the iPhone version of Reeder can be configured to not DL any images when on 3G and just updating feeds. It will then DL the image if you select an article. Then on wi-fi it automatically pulls in the images when updated the feeds. This makes feed updates on 3G very fast.