RSS Screensaver for Mac.

Discussion in 'macOS' started by upaymeifixit, Mar 4, 2009.

1. upaymeifixit macrumors 6502a

upaymeifixit

I just started using the "RSS Visualizer" screensaver. I am using it with the Mac Forums feed so I can see what everyone is posting about, live. I have a few problems with it. If anyone knows any fixes, or anything about this I would love to hear it.

1) It only displays the four most previous posts, then repeats. I would like it to either run through all of 'em, or post them as they come, and repeat.

1.1) If it is going to show them live it would only work to have them update while on the screen saver, which is does not currently do.

2) It runs off the screen! Some messages will run to far to the right and run off the screen. Then some, it will not cut them off at the bottom and it runs off there.

3) This may not have anything to do with the screen saver, but the Forum Spy feed does not work for me. I get an error saying "file does not exist". Does anyone have this problem? I would love to use it, especially if I am able to get the screen saver to update the posts.

If this doesn't work out does anyone know of an RSS screen saver for mac?
    Thanks for all your help!

2. upaymeifixit thread starter macrumors 6502a

upaymeifixit

A fix.

Okay, well about 40 people have taken a look at this one and nothin'.
    I looked into it and I was able to somewhat fix problems 1 and 2.

1) I was able to get it to display no more than 20 posts at a time, but it's a start. (However pressing the keys to open up the page only works on the first half.)

I also might have the answer to 1.1.

2) I was able to adjust all the text horizontally, still working on vertical.

New!: While I was messing around with it, I found out how to change the colors! Here's a screenshot!
    [​IMG]
    So I'm still working on everything, but it's a start!
    If you would like to know how I did it, post.

Thanks!

3. CMYK78 macrumors newbie

I too want more than 4 stories in the visualizer. If anyone has the solution it would be greatly appreciated :)