Rubber banding idea

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by Cod3rror, Apr 6, 2013.

1. Cod3rror macrumors 68000

Cod3rror

Hey,

You know the iOS rubber banding effect when you reach an end of a list right? IMO it would be really cool if, instead of the usual grey filler, there was an image of an internals of the phone and not just a random image, but an actual image of the internals of the phone you're using, with components placed and displayed correctly... i.e. if you took your phone apart, whatever you see on the image, would be the place the actual component would be.

Here's an illustration. Would be pretty cool IMO, sort like a Flammarion Woodcut image, looking at the inner workings of things.

[​IMG]

2. superriku11 macrumors member

superriku11

I very much like this idea! But it certainly doesn't seem like something Apple would do.

There may be a jailbreak customization / tool that can replace the default background image that displays there automatically. If not, you can probably find it in the filesystem rather easily.

3. TheRainKing macrumors 6502a

TheRainKing

Like the guy above said, Apple won't do that but it would be a nice jailbreak tweak so you should post the idea in the jailbreak section.

4. Krazy Bill macrumors 68030

Krazy Bill

An actual image of what's in my iPhone? Why would I (or anyone else) care? :confused:

I'm obviously missing something. But if I'm not... and I find the iOS coders have wasted more time on this kind of useless eye-candy crap instead of adding features... I'll dump the platform.

5. TheRainKing macrumors 6502a

TheRainKing

You must have no personality.

Tweaks don't always need to have some super function. Sometimes they are about customising the look and feel of your phone. I happen to think the OP's idea is cool because I'm a technology person and I think it would be cool to see all the phones components exactly where they would be under the screen, it's just a bit of fun. No different to changing your home screen image, changing the app closing animation, or some other random visual effect.

6. Krazy Bill macrumors 68030

Krazy Bill

I have plenty thanks. I just don't waste it by tricking out my pricey gizmos with more useless crap than they already have. I'd rather the coders spend their time giving me a way to disable bluetooth in under 300 swipes. :D

The idea proposed suggests an actual image of your iPhone's innards - I assume actual means live. Again, I say why? Do the insides change? :)

Well see... there you go then. Somebody give the OP a photo.

7. TheRainKing macrumors 6502a

TheRainKing

We appear to be looking at this from different angles, I'm looking at this as a potential jailbreak tweak, where as you are talking as if Apple added the feature. I wouldn't expect Apple to add such a feature as it's not really like them to do that, I just think it would be a neat little jailbreak visual effect.

When he said actual image he meant a picture of the exact components inside your particular iPhone. In other words, if your using a 4S it would show the inside of an iPhone 4S with all the parts exactly where they would be if the screen were a window. Like I said, it would be a neat little visual effect for those who like the inside of Apple products as well.

You misunderstand. My point was that the OP's tweak is another form of customisation, like changing a home screen image.

8. alexander25 macrumors regular

no. tacky.

thank god you don't work for apple.

9. Cod3rror thread starter macrumors 68000

Cod3rror

Thanks, but don't waste your energy dude. I mean this forum has people that prefer to have 16GB of storage over 32GB at the same price...

Make sure to kneel good when you thank him.

10. Gutwrench macrumors 65816

Gutwrench

11. SAD*FACED*CLOWN macrumors 65816

SAD*FACED*CLOWN

cute idea...but it's just bells and whistles...I had that image as my homescreen a couple of iPhones back