Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Marioots

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 18, 2024
I have issues removing this screen rubber traces. I dont know why this happend, i often clean my keyboard as well. Do you guys have any suggestions or solution for this problem? It's so disturbing for me to see those traces

Attachments

• IMG_6658.png
    IMG_6658.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 58
  • IMG_6659.png
    IMG_6659.png
    3.4 MB · Views: 43

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
Your pictures show that the rubber seal is not clean, so you might clean those, too. Same tip with water or IPA, slightly moist microfiber, just to clean that "goo" from the rubber seal around the edge of the display.
As the "stain" is simply on the aluminum surface, you might try something that might move that "stain" off, such as small amounts of "WD-40" or "3-n-1" oil to moisten a paper towel, or similar, then wipe through the stain. Be careful not to get any liquid into the speaker openings, as you will be right on the edge of those. Also, don't touch the keycaps, and, of course, never the display screen. First test a more visible area, such as where the stain curves near the back left or right corners. You should be able to see right away if that helps or not.

Marioots

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 18, 2024
alright thanks for your help, ill try it later i hope it works.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.