Rube Goldberg Final Project

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Chubypig, Jun 5, 2007.

1. Chubypig macrumors 6502

For our AP Physics class, our final project was to design and build a rube goldberg machine to do whatever we wanted, and our group decided to launch one of those estes rockets. We then had to post a video of the whole thing on youtube.

Our teacher told us that if our video gets a lot of hits, we may get extra credit, so in the end, this is really just a shameless attempt to get you all to watch my video. (My iMac is featured at the beginning!):D

Here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHHUOWz0P4o

2. TheAnswer macrumors 68030

TheAnswer

The trick of a good Rube Goldberg video is to do it all in one take...if you cut it together we have no idea if it actually performed as promised from start to finish or if you edited together to mix of various sections. It should be all in one take like this.

3. Chubypig thread starter macrumors 6502

yeah, i know, but there was no real way, given the equipment we had to get it all in one shot. It does really work though, i swear! we had a bunch of failures first, but we finally figured it out. in our first attempts we had vinegar complete the connection to the rocket, but for some reason, even though the electricity went through, the rocket wouldn't launch. i suspect it has something to do with the current reaching the rocket all at once.

4. steamboat26 macrumors 65816

steamboat26

Thats pretty cool, but i think hondas got you beat :D

5. Chubypig thread starter macrumors 6502

6. iToaster macrumors 68000

iToaster

Neato. I wish I had the chance to do that in school... envy...