Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

radiantm3

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 16, 2005
San Jose, CA
Anyone using it? I started reading up on and learning Ruby and it's quite a bit of fun. Just interested in hearing any thoughts about Ruby and maybe some advice for a newbie. I've dabbled in asp and php, but I am not a programmer. I do know the very basics of programming so I can grasp concepts as I go along. Do you think Ruby on Rails is the way to go when thinking about the future? Or should I just try to stick with learning php? I know RoR is very new, but I love the simplicity of Ruby code and I think it would be more fun to work with than php or perl or any other web programming language.

Rower_CPU

Moderator emeritus
Oct 5, 2001
San Diego, CA
I've got a book to start working on it, but haven't gotten around to it yet. After a few years of PHP/MySQL development I'm thrilled with what I've seen so far of the demos.

Check out the thread on RoR I started in June for more discussion. I'm closing this one so as to avoid splintering the discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.