Rugby World Cup 2015

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors G3
Original poster
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
England currently playing Fiji as the home nation and no thread discussing this huge world class tournament?!

Currently 18-8 in favour to England at half time.

Any rugby fans on here?

New Zealand favourites but a long way to go yet. :)

Reactions: JamesMike

bradl

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2008
Rugby is my #4 sport (behind tennis, AFL, and bowling)..

haven't caught any of the matches yet, though the controversy over the "hakarena" is an absolute joke. The All Blacks should just channel that energy into a championship, turn to the stands, and perform a very passionate Kapa o Pango. ;)

BL.

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors G3
Original poster
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
I think it's great the Giants of the sport are being grounded. It puts the pressure on for later in the tournament. The win by Japan has left many speechless I think.

jeremy h

macrumors 6502
Jul 9, 2008
UK
The Japan game was something else. As the the game finished I quite literally ended up paddling in spilt tea.

What was so impressive was the ambition - they could have easily have settled for a draw (which would have been massive in itself.) Instead they decided to go for it... Wow... (That was the point I should have moved the mug out of arm reach...)

bgd

macrumors regular
Aug 30, 2005
SG
So England Australia. Any predictions? England looked talented against Wales but had nothing for Welsh spirit. I'm thinking England may not make it out of the Pool.

bradl

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2008
So England Australia. Any predictions? England looked talented against Wales but had nothing for Welsh spirit. I'm thinking England may not make it out of the Pool.
Wallabies all over the barmy army.

BL.

fat jez

macrumors 68000
Jun 24, 2010
Glasgow, UK
England can beat Australia, providing there's no crazy decisions on the pitch. Any one of the top 3 in that group not qualifying will be a big upset. Not sure I can call which of the three will be going home early.

I'm more nervous about Scotland facing the Boks. We can't afford to mess around in the first half before waking up and as for Ford not hooking and leaving the ball in the middle of a static scrum... Think the Boks will make us pay dearly.

bgd

macrumors regular
Aug 30, 2005
SG
Good luck against the Boks, they will be looking to prove a point after their defeat by Japan. Will be a hard match.

JamesMike

macrumors demi-god
Nov 3, 2014
Oregon
Scotland vs Samoa was exciting match, 36 to 33, Scotland wins!

England should win easily against Uruguay.

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors G3
Original poster
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
Awesome match between The All Blacks and France last night. They have to be going all the way with a performance like that! I have never seen France ripped apart like that on the rugby pitch.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
The Far Horizon
Saw the demolition (nay, slaughter) of France (by New Zealand) last night.

And now, most unfortunately, Ireland are getting a severe pummelling from the Pumas (Argentina).

Hm. Sorry lesson to be be learned: The Old World is not really at the races in World Cup Rugby…….

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
The Far Horizon
Watching Ireland playing the Pumas is that ghastly mix of excruciating pain interspersed with brief bursts of painful pleasure. The New World is better, though. Unfortunately.

Once Ireland lose (as I imagine they will) only Scotland will be left (against the excellent Australia) to try to salvage some Old World Pride in this Rugby World Cup.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.