Ruined friends logic board...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Mister9, Feb 11, 2008.

1. Mister9 macrumors regular

I'll do a quick recap: I helped my friend (not sure I'd describe it like that now) upgrade his memory which I've done a number of times before. Only this time when I went to push his memory in snug it bent his dimm slot and cracked his logic board (yikes). Yeah, I know I don't think this has ever been done before... and it sucks.. but I'm thinking about upgrading my logic board and replacing my old one in his. Is this silly? Or even practical?? I'm not made of money so I'm thinking I can upgrade my computer while fixing his.. I dunno it seems risky- let me know your thoughts. Thanks

2. heatmiser macrumors 68020

Was this severe enough to keep the computer from booting? Wow. And which computer is this, exactly? Macbook?

3. Mister9 thread starter macrumors regular

no its booting...

I had posted a story about it earlier but it disappeared (I'm new to this forums thing). Everything I read told me to make sure its snug and to not worry about breaking the memory - but I bent the slot which cracked the logic board. This happen yesterday and now he's saying that his comp has been running slower and his speaker aren't working.. So yeah I feel bad. They're Macbook Pro Intel Core Duos by the way... so I was thinking I could upgrade mine to the Duo 2 and give him my old one, but I'm not even sure if I can do that or not? I've been power googling but I can't seem to find anyone that's heard or done it.

4. bmcgrath macrumors 65816

bmcgrath

Give him your old one?!

Thats not a fair deal!! You broke his computer!! You should be giving him a new one or paying for the repair.

5. tremendous macrumors 6502

tremendous

seriously. time to man up and sort your friend out. by 'sort out' i mean get his computer fixed, not have him killed or anything. that'd be way too extreme.

6. Mister9 thread starter macrumors regular

haha! kill him........ not a bad idea... Actually, although this will put me severely in debt, I'm pretty pumped about this Mac Pro