ruining kids dreams....hah

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by kgiglio2, Jun 20, 2007.

1. kgiglio2 Guest

gizmodo is going to ruin millions of kids dreams if they read the harry potter spoiler they posted.

http://seclists.org/fulldisclosure/2007/Jun/0380.html

gizmodo found this website of a kid who hacked the publisher of harry potter and now wrote a synopsis of all the good stuff..

don't read if you plan on reading the book

2. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

I'm not going to read that link... but... I just wanted to say that surely there are hundreds of thousands of adults who'll also be enraged should they stumble upon a spoiler. :p

3. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

How idiotic to think only kids read Harry Potter books.

4. 66217 Guest

And how can they be sure this is the correct info? It looks to me like a big lie.

5. Quboid macrumors 6502

Kgiglio2 never said anything aobut only kids reading the book.

6. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

Interesting.....I'll still read the book, also I'm not sure how this is ruining dreams of kids?! But thats all well and good!

7. Stampyhead macrumors 68020

Stampyhead

Ha ha, I read the link and it's the stupidest thing I've ever seen. It's just bunch of "Harry Potter is evil" idiots who say they created a spoiler "...to make reading of the upcoming book useless and boring." Yeah right. Nice try. I don't believe they hacked anything. Now if only I could get back the 15 seconds I wasted on reading that...

8. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

some how I have a feeling it not true just because it would be easy to make something up like that. They should of posted a link to the orginal site but they chose now 2.

That being said I have the book on pre-order to be ship to me. Sadly there is no really book store at my current location and I do not want to deal with getting it at walmart so I just have it shipped 2 me and Barn and noble has promised to get it to me on the 21st which mean I have a feeling they will be shipping it from there wear house early so it is delivered on that day and it does going though the US postal system so Saturday deliveries do happen.

9. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

Yeah I'm gonna call major BS on that one...that was the worst summary I've ever read and revealed nothing about the actual story. It doesn't seem that the person who wrote the summary has read any of the Harry Potter books, never mind the book that's not yet out...:rolleyes:

edit: I think there's going to be a flood of this kind of spoiler/leaked bull, see this 'leaked page' from the next book: http://rolloffle.blogspot.com/

That page reads like it was written by a 4th grader.

10. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

So adults who read Harry Potter won't get annoyed? :rolleyes:

11. 66217 Guest

And who said they wouldn't?;)

12. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

13. jng macrumors 65816

jng

a lot of people on this thread is jumping to conclusions, that only kids read harry potter and that the summary is real.

14. janey macrumors 603

janey

full-disclosure is a security mailing list, not just a random idiot kid's website :p

Given that I was just laughing over some of the other emails in my inbox from that list, I can't believe I missed the harry potter one, albeit lame :\

15. killr_b macrumors 6502a

killr_b