Rule to move SENT mail to a folder

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by tedesco24, Feb 20, 2017.

1. tedesco24 macrumors member

I send quite a bit of email from a specific email account, and manually move the SENT messages to a folder titled WORK RELATED. Is there a Mail rule that will move emails sent from a specific email account into a designated folder? Or will I need to continue manually movings the sent emails?

2. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

If you are sending emails from a specific account, then there should be a corresponding Sent Mail That Account Name in the Sent folder in the Sidebar.

3. Moakesy macrumors regular

Moakesy

Click on Mail / Preferences / Rules / New Rule

Then set the following:

1) Where it says 'If any of the following conditions are met'....change the 'any' to 'all'
    2) The From contains <your own email address in here>. I used johndoe@me.com. This isn't strictly necessary if you only have one email account you send emails from. If you have a private and a work email that you use, then put your work email address here.
    3) Click the '+' to add a second condition
    4) then 'To contains <your work email domain name, assuming it's the same>. I used @work_email.com
    5) Then set the 'Perform following actions' and select the subfolder you want....

Something like this....

[​IMG]

EDIT. - Just re-read your note, if you want ALL emails from you send form a specific work email account, then drop step 4. If you sometimes use your work account to send personal emails, then leave step 4 in, assuming you only send them to work colleagues.

4. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

The Mac Mail add on "Mail Act-On" can add the ability to apply rules to outgoing mail.

5. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

Rules won't work because they only act on incoming messages.

I believe you could get what you want with a Smart MailBox like this. You can set a smart mailbox from the Mailbox menu in Mail. So when you click the smart mailbox it will show only those sent messages.

Screen Shot 2017-02-21 at 8.31.25 AM.png