Rumor: Apple devices in iOS 7 Beta 1 were auto-bricked

Pikachu4170

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 24, 2013
If you use iOS 7 Beta 1, there were some rumors that iOS 7 Beta 1 users will have their phone bricked in Recovery Mode in June 24 at 12:00 (Greenwich Mean Time).

Was this rumor real?

SvP

macrumors 6502
Mar 31, 2009
If you use iOS 7 Beta 1, there were some rumors that iOS 7 Beta 1 users will have their phone bricked in Recovery Mode in June 24 at 12:00 (Greenwich Mean Time).

Was this rumor real?
No, lol/ it's people being stupid. The beta (beta 1) will expire JULI 24th, wich will leave your phone unusable (unless you update, bricking is nearly impossible nowadays).

Pikachu4170

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 24, 2013
I think I went too fast reading the pages...

No, lol/ it's people being stupid. The beta (beta 1) will expire JULI 24th, wich will leave your phone unusable (unless you update, bricking is nearly impossible nowadays).
Wait... IT WAS IN JULY?!?!?!?

Shoot, I setted my calendar wrong...

Maybe I read the forums fast...

Gotta slow down.

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA

Was this rumor real?
Are you asking whether it was a real rumor, as opposed to a fake rumor. Or are you asking if the rumor was accurate. And since it was a rumor, by definition, no one knows if it was "real", or accurate..

Also...source of rumor, please.:D

Pikachu4170

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 24, 2013
Are you asking whether it was a real rumor, as opposed to a fake rumor. Or are you asking if the rumor was accurate. And since it was a rumor, by definition, no one knows if it was "real", or accurate..

Also...source of rumor, please.:D
Currently, I don't remember the source.

But I noticed it was JULY 24th than June 24.

I kinda skip lines...

----------

Can anyone close this thread? I realized it was in JULY 24...

mcfly88

macrumors 6502
Nov 3, 2012
No this is true! I woke up today to my phone on the activation screen, downgrading as we speak :(

edit- I'm not being sarcastic by the way, not sure how prove it on a forum.. but this really happened.

tymaster50

macrumors 68030
Oct 3, 2012
New Jersey
Yeah I missed the update too. Damn it Apple, releasing it at 11:55pm and closing the window at 12:05 am. Now I have to restore my iPhone and sync all my music back :(

Compile 'em all

macrumors 601
Apr 6, 2005
If you aren't a developer you shouldn't install it. And if you are a developer, you shouldn't worry about any bricking.

mcfly88

macrumors 6502
Nov 3, 2012
Did this really not happen to anyone else? I'm being 100% serious, woke up and my phone was in the activation screen. had to restore back to ios 6.

KieranDotW

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2012
Canada
Did this really not happen to anyone else? I'm being 100% serious, woke up and my phone was in the activation screen. had to restore back to ios 6.
This hasn't happened to me, but now you've all got me scared. If it does happen will it just be as simple as restoring back to iOS 6 or does your iPhone become genuinely unusable?

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
If this were true, it might make downgrading harder for "some" people. That is not the same as "bricking," which makes a device inoperable and worthy of the trash.
This seems to be your opinion as it is not my experience. My beta expired with iOS 6 and it was incredibly easy to get to a computer and simply downgrade back to iOS 5. It was not hard. The hardest part was that the beta expired while I wasn't home and had to wait to get home before I had my phone again. I survived. ;)