Rumor: Blu-ray drives coming to Macs

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Play4keeps, Mar 2, 2008.

1. tivoli2 macrumors regular

tivoli2

Well, actually, that article seems to be a rumor (and not really even a rumor... the fellow is just posing an argument) about Blu-Ray not coming to Macs.

Regardless of the physical media vs. download debate, lots of Mac users are content creators and will have a need to create Blu-Ray DVDs, and I can't imagine Apple not offering a solution of their own. It wouldn't make sense.

2. jb60606 macrumors 6502a

3. Play4keeps thread starter macrumors regular

I Thought this fourm was called MacRumors:confused:

My Bad:eek:

4. aibo macrumors 6502

5. hayduke macrumors 65816

hayduke

I don't think people are reading the OP's link.

He makes an interesting argument, but in the end the market pressure will "demand" that these be available in all (most?) machines. Not because we necessarily need them, but because we want them.

6. Pressure macrumors 68040

Pressure

That's also why most people have a hard time giving up expansion slots on their computers even though they do not use them :p

7. tivoli2 macrumors regular

tivoli2

Your thread title and the article were at odds, it seemed to me. To read the title of your thread, one might possibly think that it was about a rumor of when Blu-ray was coming to the Mac, only to click through and find that it's someone's argument for why Blu-ray won't be coming to the Mac. Regardless, I wasn't ripping your post, even though I found it misleading. I even went on to comment on the article's main thought in the hopes of getting a response on what you thought about it.

So! You are correct! This forum IS called MacRumors. Keep up the good work.;)

8. Lord Zedd macrumors 6502a

Lord Zedd