Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

number9

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 13, 2004
USA
http://9to5mac.com/macbook-plastic

Some food for thought..

MacBooks will have black (perhaps other colors - we have only heard black) plastic outer shells. The same type of plastic that is on the backside of an iMac.

The inside shell, around the keyboard and the screen will be aluminum and that one piece structure will be the skeleton of the laptop.

It will be two-tone. Think if a iMac and a MacBook Air had offspring. Thinner than its predecessor. They are going to sell a lot of these. More info on the MacBook.

An interesting sidenote...the invite could be a 13 inch MacBook ...Pro.

....or so we've heard....

number9

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 13, 2004
USA
Yeah that could go in many directions. This goes in the face of the "all notebooks under one case design" rumor. It would keep the macbook slightly lower market than the Pro. Also, a 13" Pro? Interesting.

polaris20

macrumors 68020
Jul 13, 2008
I'm all over it if they release a 13" MBP. I love small notebooks, which is why I dislike the MBP currently.

I loved the 12" PB, and was so disappointed when they decided to ditch it with the Intel switch.

ethen

macrumors regular
Dec 5, 2005
I would love a 13-inch MBP, as long as the resolution stays the same or higher

Aranince

macrumors 65816
Apr 18, 2007
California
I honestly don't get the point of a 13" MBP. If you buy a MBP you are a pro user, who needs the screen real estate. If you want 13" get a Macbook

DeusInvictus7

macrumors 68020
Aug 13, 2008
Kitchener, Ontario
the thing i dont like or believe about this post is that 9to5mac doesn't have a source where they heard that the macbooks will be two tone like that...they just go right ahead and say that it wont me all aluminum

idk, just my thoughts

.Andy

macrumors 68030
Jul 18, 2004
The Mergui Archipelago
I honestly don't get the point of a 13" MBP. If you buy a MBP you are a pro user, who needs the screen real estate. If you want 13" get a Macbook
I've been using my 12" powerbook waiting for a replacement. I don't need screen real estate when I'm on the road, I need power and portability. At home and work I plug it into my 20" ACDs. That said it's incredibly long in the tooth and needs putting out to pasture.... A 13" MBP would do superbly.

acfusion29

macrumors 68040
Nov 8, 2007
Toronto

If Apple released a 13" MacBook Pro with a 1440x900 resolution (just like the 15" pro), then pro users would get the real estate they want.

Jpoon

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2008
I wonder who owns that site..... They sure do know a lot considering. Usually there's at least two sites spouting off the rumors.

Bengt77

macrumors 68000
Jun 7, 2002
Europe
I've been using my 12" powerbook waiting for a replacement. I don't need screen real estate when I'm on the road, I need power and portability. At home and work I plug it into my 20" ACDs. That said it's incredibly long in the tooth and needs putting out to pasture.... A 13" MBP would do superbly.
Man, think of the benefits you'd have had, had you bought an intermittent MacBook a couple of years ago.

Beric

macrumors 68020
Jan 22, 2008
Bay Area

What if you want a Macbook that has a good graphics card? I'm a student who doesn't need a huge screen, but also wants to play some more demanding games than the integrated graphics of the MB can handle. If I need a big screen to play something, I'll hook up an external monitor. I don't want thinness, I want power in a smaller footprint. I want the power purely for games, but don't want to own a separate PC just for gaming.

Beric

macrumors 68020
Jan 22, 2008
Bay Area
Some hope for us plastic lovers yet.

I'm not sure I really care. But I do know that the white plastic of my Macbook stains too easily. That's about it of any preferences I have. It's all looks, and I don't care about looks one bit. All I care about is the performance and cost of the machine, and how well it runs OS X.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.