Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacGekko

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 6, 2009
https://www.whathifi.com/news/apple-could-soon-launch-a-new-ipod-touch-and-its-about-time

If this was posted in another thread, please merge, is the Japanese website referenced in this article reputable?

If this is true, the feature I would like to see is some sort of free 3g/4g connection to Apple Music similar to how some Kindle's offer a free connection to the Amazon book store cloud.

Update: https://www.macrumors.com/roundup/macotakara-jp/

OK, Macrumors reports the Macotakara website is credible.

Last edited:
Reactions: LomeliPod

mikehalloran

macrumors 68020
Oct 14, 2018
The Sillie Con Valley
Used iPhones with bigger batteries will be its biggest competition. Apple has to know that.

I’ll be surprised if it seees the light of day in the US and European markets. But, if it does, I could be interested if the price point is right.

reesespieces22

macrumors newbie
Aug 6, 2015
I hope this is true. I don't like iPhones, but I like iPod touches. They should make a new one with better battery.

mikehalloran

macrumors 68020
Oct 14, 2018
The Sillie Con Valley

retta283

Suspended
Jun 8, 2018
Last Apple product I bought when it was new was the 5th gen Touch. If Apple does a good job with a 7th gen I may pick it up. Always loved the iPod touch, owned all of them except for the 6th gen.

YaBe

Cancelled
Oct 5, 2017
Looks like its getting more and more likely. I am interested to see if its going to be any better than an iPhone SE...
I hope it is true, but shouldn’t be getting more info by now (if it was to be released in March as suspected) and or some leaks?

Paddle1

macrumors 601
May 1, 2013
I hope it is true, but shouldn’t be getting more info by now (if it was to be released in March as suspected) and or some leaks?
Perhaps. But as I recall the 6th gen iPod touch just kind of "showed up" with little notice ahead of time. We've already heard more about this than what we did for the 6th gen at this point.

YaBe

Cancelled
Oct 5, 2017
Perhaps. But as I recall the 6th gen iPod touch just kind of "showed up" with little notice ahead of time. We've already heard more about this than what we did for the 6th gen at this point.
Yeah I know, but it is also true the 6th was a minor update to the 5th.... really want this to be true....also impatient to get a new one!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.