Rumor: Price decrease coming in September?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Phazuka, Aug 22, 2008.

1. Phazuka macrumors newbie

Did I hear correctly that the price on macbooks and imacs will be dropping after september? I'm holding out for the best price on a macbook and imac together. Thanks all! I'm really enjoying my 26" iMac at work and iPhone! :cool:

2. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

there's a 26" iMac? are you in the UK?

3. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

It must be fun to make up rumors. And Apple products... :rolleyes:

4. MasterNile macrumors 65816

MasterNile

Wow he joined just to post this....BS don't we feel special

5. Phazuka thread starter macrumors newbie

i'm not sure what size it is, only that it's the 3.06ghz core 2 duo, 4gb ram, 500gb....

[​IMG]

6. Phazuka thread starter macrumors newbie

it must be fun to be a know it all.....:rolleyes:

7. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Apple said "reduced margins" in the conference call. Since then, everyone seems to think that every single product that Apple makes will suddenly drop by several hundred dollars this quarter. This is where you're getting your price drop idea.

8. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Well perhaps if you gave us some reason to believe you then people wouldn't think you just made it up in some sort of desperate attention seeking way. There has been no such rumour. It's not happened in past years so there is no real reason to believe it will happen this year. Please post your sources.

There is a rumour of new product announcements in September, but Apple tend to introduce new products at the same price points as the old ones. If you have confirmable, believable sources that there will also be price reductions then I'm sure people would be interested.

9. jokun macrumors member

Sometimes I get the feeling that you "old-timers" just like to be contrary. A price drop has indeed been one of the rumors floating around the site here, let's not pretend otherwise. Lump this in with the aluminum macbook, glass trackpad, etc- a rumor, exactly as the op titled this thread. The price reduction rumor, incidentally, was not started by members of this forum but quoted from the investment bank quoted in the link below. Jeez, I hate coming into a forum and running into a bunch of a-holes.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=528453

10. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

There are always rumors of a price drop. It rarely happens. I do believe that Apple is trying to come up with some models they can sell at a lower price. They know that they have pretty much reached saturation at these price points and they need to cater to the price sensitive customer.

11. macwall macrumors 6502

apple doesn't lower prices, just increase features