Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Phazuka

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 22, 2008
Did I hear correctly that the price on macbooks and imacs will be dropping after september? I'm holding out for the best price on a macbook and imac together. Thanks all! I'm really enjoying my 26" iMac at work and iPhone! :cool:

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
Did I hear correctly that the price on macbooks and imacs will be dropping after thanksgiving? I'm holding out for the best price on a macbook and imac together. Thanks all! I'm really enjoying my 26" iMac at work and iPhone! :cool:

there's a 26" iMac? are you in the UK?

Phazuka

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 22, 2008
there's a 26" iMac? are you in the UK?

i'm not sure what size it is, only that it's the 3.06ghz core 2 duo, 4gb ram, 500gb....

web.jpg

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
it must be fun to be a know it all.....:rolleyes:

Well perhaps if you gave us some reason to believe you then people wouldn't think you just made it up in some sort of desperate attention seeking way. There has been no such rumour. It's not happened in past years so there is no real reason to believe it will happen this year. Please post your sources.

There is a rumour of new product announcements in September, but Apple tend to introduce new products at the same price points as the old ones. If you have confirmable, believable sources that there will also be price reductions then I'm sure people would be interested.

jokun

macrumors member
Jul 16, 2008
Sometimes I get the feeling that you "old-timers" just like to be contrary. A price drop has indeed been one of the rumors floating around the site here, let's not pretend otherwise. Lump this in with the aluminum macbook, glass trackpad, etc- a rumor, exactly as the op titled this thread. The price reduction rumor, incidentally, was not started by members of this forum but quoted from the investment bank quoted in the link below. Jeez, I hate coming into a forum and running into a bunch of ******s.

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/528453/

skubish

macrumors 68030
Feb 2, 2005
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Sometimes I get the feeling that you "old-timers" just like to be contrary. A price drop has indeed been one of the rumors floating around the site here, let's not pretend otherwise. Lump this in with the aluminum macbook, glass trackpad, etc- a rumor, exactly as the op titled this thread. The price reduction rumor, incidentally, was not started by members of this forum but quoted from the investment bank quoted in the link below. Jeez, I hate coming into a forum and running into a bunch of ******s.

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/528453/

There are always rumors of a price drop. It rarely happens. I do believe that Apple is trying to come up with some models they can sell at a lower price. They know that they have pretty much reached saturation at these price points and they need to cater to the price sensitive customer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.