Rumor that Apple is doubling production this week (May 11th)

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Neutral Milk, May 10, 2015.

1. Neutral Milk macrumors regular

Neutral Milk

Some time last week someone posted a comment that they had a conversation with someone at either Apple or UPS, and part of the conversation was related to Apple having come up with a way to double production starting this coming week.

Are there more sources for this claim, or just the one random hearsay comment I read and couldn't find now if I tried?

The idea makes sense.. I would imagine they want to go global very soon, and at current production it seems like it'll take a while for that to become a reality, and when it does it'll be hard to meet demand in much the same way it has been now (maybe worse).

Am I hanging on to a dream, or might this be a reality.

For the context everyone typically wants: I'm 42 SS BSB ordered 12:17EST on 4/11 in Orlando, FL with a June ship estimate. Obviously stuck in processing.

2. shenfrey macrumors 68000

I was delivered a bloody defected watch and now having to wait 2-3 weeks for a replacement just absurd. I have learned my lesson when it comes to being an early adopter.

3. Appl3FTW macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

I don't care, as long as they get my watch on time this time and not late. Good grief, for a billion dollar company they suck at logistics.

4. tylerdw89 macrumors 6502

I'm not sure how any random UPS employee would have this information. Rumor at best, but also a bit of common sense..they are obviously ramping up production.

5. heeloliver macrumors 6502a

heeloliver

Here's my two cents: Apple is slowly ramping up production, but not just 'double' suddenly. However, it may appear that way to us because the amount of orders drops exponentially after they fulfill all the xx:02-10 orders.

6. jbenkelman macrumors 6502

jbenkelman

I had talked to an employee during a try on session and he stated that they had added two more production lines and that the "June" ship dates would start moving quickly once that was up and running.

7. Wishbrah macrumors regular

And here's the kicker..it will be up and running....in June.

8. Appl3FTW macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

I got a good rumor... Apple will start store pick up and you can convert your preorder to a pickup.

9. Sirious macrumors 65816

Sirious

They should have started doubling production when they saw how quickly they sold out on preorder day.

10. fischersd macrumors 68040

fischersd

I agree with this. The fact that the SG :12 orders are rolling is good news for all of us still waiting. The bulk of the orders may now be fulfilled - just in time for those with the May 12/13 shipping window, and hopefully to give those without a shipping window a glimmer of hope of getting it soon.

11. bking10 macrumors member

I'm sure they are told to reassure customers the wait won't be too long