Rumor: Wii-HD 2011?

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by sikkinixx, Oct 1, 2008.

1. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

2. kornyboy macrumors 68000

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F136 Safari/525.20)

Oh great! Another product for nintendo to minimize supply by under producing so the consumer won't see one on the shelf for 2 years so they can justify the price.

3. Rivix macrumors 6502a

Rivix

NintendoON!

But seriously, Nintendo consoles don't excite me the way the use to. I just hope the don't just go the casual road.

4. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I don't think you know how wrong you are :D

Given that their highest rated stuff is Galaxy, Brawl and friends I don't think so. Besides isn't it the 3rd parties who are feeding from this whole casual movement? Nintendogs and the Brain Training families are the only Nintendo casual titles that come to mind, and then Sony have Buzz and them eyetoy card games?
    Save us MS :D

But 2011 sounds right. That should be about 5 years since the Wii was released - the usual lifespan of consoles.

5. Rivix macrumors 6502a

Rivix

Did you see the E3 press conference? Did you see Wii Music?

6. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Ah, and Wii Sports/Fit/music. Given that only 1 Nintendo studio works on them out of 9 first and 10 second party it's hardly devouring their studios working on the proper first party titles.

7. capoeirista macrumors 6502

What about Animal Crossing? Wasn't that one of the big announcements of E3? It looks pretty casual to me...

I wonder what the latest gimmick/innovation (delete as you see fit) for the Wii2 will be....

8. ChrisK018 macrumors regular

2011 huh? So that means the next Zelda and Mario games will come out in 2013?

9. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Chances are it'll be gimmicky/innovationy enough that everyone else will replicate :D

A new Zelda's been in the works since round about the Wii's launch, we're due one more in the Wii's lifetime. Only ever 1 Mario platform game per gen since the SNES days.

10. Antares macrumors 68000

Antares

I'm already committing myself to buying it. Bring it on!