Rumored Camera Poll

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Prodo123, May 15, 2011.

?

Would you like the LED flash to be right next to the phone or far apart?

1. On opposite sides of the phone, as seen on rumored "iPhone 5"

8 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. Right next to each other, like the iPhone 4

9 vote(s)
    28.1%
  3. Don't care

15 vote(s)
    46.9%
  1. Prodo123 macrumors 68020

Prodo123

What's your opinion about the camera flash being moved to the other side of the phone?

2. ap3604 macrumors 68000

Good, won't wash out pictures as much with a case on.

Don't really care either way though. Very minor change...

3. RafaelT macrumors 65816

RafaelT

4. iApples macrumors 65816

iApples

I doubt this will actually happen. It looks extremely ugly, especially if you have a case on your phone. Then the case companies will have to create a separate hole just for the flash. This would cause most cases to look ugly/weird.

Apple is all about sleek designs, and I just don't see something like that being Apple-like.

5. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

Just seems like another way to make money on new cases for a phone that is almost exactly the same. Pictures with the LED flash are hardly great, but I don't know that moving it will work. I use the LED way more as a flashlight.

6. MRiOS macrumors regular

If it raises the range and effectiveness of the flash by moving it over then I'm all for it. otherwise I don't see the point.

7. Prodo123 thread starter macrumors 68020

Prodo123

Agreed. This design is somewhat dysfunctional, people will cover up the flash with their hands.
    Those pics on the front page are ugly. UGLY.

8. iApples macrumors 65816

iApples

They are indeed. I have pretty big hands, and I know I'd get my hand in the way of the flash and or camera, if they were in different spots. That would be quite annoying. I don't really see how they could move it anyways. Doesn't the battery take up almost the whole right side of the device? Or at least a good chunk of it?

9. Prodo123 thread starter macrumors 68020

Prodo123

The battery is about 78% of the thing, lol. Just keeping them together makes more sense in an engineering perspective; it saves space. If they're further apart, then that means more components have to be made to keep them apart, wasting space. The space where they're moving the flash to has the vibration device (either piezo or motor), I think.

10. iApples macrumors 65816

iApples

Yeah, so I don't see it happening. I kinda hope they keep the look the same. I really love it.

11. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

I think they'll keep them together simply for the aesthetics of it. If they really wanted to move it I'm sure the designers could find a way to make it work simply by moving things around. Also, take into account that some internal components may have been reduced in size since the design of the iPhone 4